WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Ahhhhhhh... Friday

I love Friday. As noted below, Gloppy spends Fridays with my in-laws and the princesses are in kindergarten from 10am-2:45pm. That means it is the one day of the week that I have more than 20 minutes all to myself. I mostly use the day to clean up the house and catch up on projects that are hard to complete with three little kids following me everywhere. I should use the time to just sit and read, but I can never really relax in my house unless the dishes are done and everything is relatively tidy.  This is a problem for me and I often wish I could just let the dishes sit for a while and read a magazine. It seems there is always some project calling out to me on my precious Friday. There is always laundry to fold, a closet to clean, the pantry to organize, some art project to clean up, piles of papers to go through, etc., etc.

Today was turning out to be just such a Friday. But when I got back from the school supply store picking up supplies for the girls upcoming 100th day of school project my friend J called. J and I have been friends ever since we met in a mom's group when our twins were infants. There is no way I would have survived the first few years of motherhood without her. Every new mom should have a J. We spent countless hours together at parks, classes, malls and museums when our twins were babies and toddlers. She is the kind of friend that I can tell anything to and know I am not being judged. One of the things I love and respect about her is that she has the ability to give me people honest opinion without hurting their feelings.  

Today she suggested an afternoon movie and even tough I am looking around my house and can think of thousands of things to get done, I am off to see Juno with J. So I am giving myself a free pass and pat on the back today for doing something fun on this Friday in January.

No comments: