WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Valentine Photo Essay

CAUTION:  LOTS OF PICTURES AHEAD

The Candy Cane kids started preparing their Valentines this past weekend.  Here are Princess Frostine and Gloppy getting crafty.


Here is Princess Lolly putting some sugar on some sugar cookies.  Gloppy was covered in flour and pink sugar crystals, but he wouldn't let me take his picture.


Here are our creations ready to go in the oven.


And here's the finished product ready to put in bags and attach our valentines.


Princess Frostine and Princess Lolly ready to take their cookies to school and spread the love.  Lolly woke up with a fever though, so she stayed home under the care of Grandma Nutt.


Here's Gloppy at his Tiny Tots Valentine party.  He was a little out of sorts so we left shortly after he finished his pink cupcake and collected his loot.


After dinner we made some popcorn, built a fire and watched A Charlie Brown Valentine.   


After the kids went to bed it was Indian take-out, Diet Pepsi and Survivor for me.  I would have poured myself a glass of wine, but I had one too many glasses last night at my mom's night out.  The flowers were courtesy of Mr. Mint.

Happy Valentine's Day to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable cookies, and gorgeous flowers (nice job Mr. Mint)!

I feel like a giant marshmellow today... as I thought Mr. Jolly was coming home too late for dinner - so I ate a nice big helping of the kid's dinner, mac&cheese and fish sticks. Then while I was getting the kids to bed, Mr. Jolly surprised me by making home-made Ruben sandwiches. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was already full! So, of course, I ate that too.