WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Heaven on a Plate


In case you can't read that, it says "The French Laundry."  Because that's where I had dinner last night.  

You know when someone tells you that you must see a movie because it was the best movie ever, and blah, blah, blah?  So you go to see it and inevitably you're disappointed because you were expecting the best movie ever.  Too much hype.  

Well The French Laundry is worth the hype.  It was indeed not just a meal, but an experience.  Every bite was decadent, perfect and masterfully crafted (did I just say "masterfully crafted" to describe food?).    It was that good.  Even the palate cleansing buttermilk sherbet with candied kumquats and spiced streusel was heavenly.    I am not a very adventurous eater, so I passed on the veal heart (props to my friend C who ordered it).  But I did have a couple bits of Mr. Mint's foie gras.   The waiter spent about 2 minutes describing the three different kinds of salt from all over the world that come with the foie gras.  

Thank you so C and A for inviting us.  We will be eternally grateful. 

In other related news, Mr. Mint and I decided to stay in Napa for the weekend.  So I am typing this from my hotel bed while I sip my coffee and Mr. Mint ponders which wineries we'll visit today.  My kids are at my in-laws house recovering from a night at their version of The French Laundry, otherwise known as Chuck E. Cheese.    I slept until 7:30am two days in a row!  Woo hoo!!

No comments: