WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

100 Days of Kindergarten

Yesterday was the 100th day of kindergarten for Princess Frostine and Princess Lolly.  Frostine had a fever so she had to stay home and miss the festivities.  Turns out she has a double ear infection, probably only the 5th one of her short life.

Kindergarten is truly a transforming year.  Teachers aren't messing around in kindergarten, and they've learned a lot in 100 days.   Like how to count to 100, by one's, five's and ten's.  To watch them start to read and write sentences has been simply amazing for me as a parent.   They don't even ask me to spell things for them anymore, they just sound words out and give it a shot.  Their phonetic spelling is priceless.  Watching the look of pride on their faces when they read something makes my heart swell.  *Sigh*

To celebrate the 100th day of school they had all kinds of fun festivities in class.  My favorite is the glasses and crown that Lolly is sporting in this photo.  (That's Frostine hiding under the blanket.)


I still can't quite believe that these little babies are in kindergarten.  I never thought any of us would make it this far.  I'd like to have these two little bundles back for just one day.   One day without all the crying (theirs and mine), diapers, and sleep deprivation.   
  

 
Those were the days.

No comments: