WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break, Day One

My kids are on Spring Break right now.  Rather than sign them up for some kind of camp, I decided to create my own camp.  Each day I plan to take them on some kind of mini-adventure.  It's been a while since I have spent this much time with all three of them, especially since the girls have been in kindergarten.   By Friday I will probably be ready to pull my hair out, but hopefully we will have created some great memories.

Yesterday we drove out to the ocean (about a 20 minute drive for us), had lunch and played on the beach.   It turned out to be a great day.

Here we are having lunch.  Despite the bored expressions, lunch was pleasant.  Gloppy has been on a hunger strike lately, only eating anything that is coated in sugar.  He actually was the last one to finish his food and ate some of his sister's lunch too.  I was so happy to finally see him put down some real food.


After lunch we hit the beach. 



It was a warm day, but the wind made it pretty chilly, especially if you got wet.  After a while, the girls took off their sweats and ran around in their swim suits.  They made a castle, collected shells, made friends with another little boy and splashed around in the water.  When they finally sat down to eat a snack, they were freezing and ready to go home.  We left right after I took this picture.


On the way home we stopped to watch some surfers for a short time from our nice warm car.  Day One was a success.  Stay tuned to learn what else we have planned at Mama Ginger Tree's adventure camp.

No comments: