WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Trip to Little India

So for those who haven't already figured it out, Mr. Mint is of East Indian descent and I am more of a Norwegian sort.  To say that our cultures and backgrounds are different is a bit of an understatement.  It's all good though, we blend well and thus far our kids have embraced both sides of their heritage.  

Mr. Mint's younger sister, my sister-in-law, is getting married in a couple of weeks.  She is having a big, traditional Indian wedding.  Three days worth of events, 300+ guests, five different outfits, 75 bangles and one chocolate fountain will add up to lots of great material for my blog.  Even though I always feel like a fish out of water around his family, it's always a good time.  If you really want to see what I mean, go rent Monsoon Wedding and picture a white girl with midwestern parents somehow stuck in the middle of it all.  

Today, Lolly, Frostine and I accompanied my sister-in-law and mother-in-law to Little India (otherwise known as University Ave in Berkeley) for a little last minute wedding accessory shopping.

There was a little of this:

Vik's Chaat House, go there.

Just yum

And a lot of this:


rack of saris

bangles, bangles and more bangles

I picked up these beauties that match all four of my wedding outfits.


I can't wait to wear them.

No comments: