WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother F$*^@#: A Confession

In addition to reality TV, Target, Diet Pepsi, ice cream and good books, I also have a problem with swearing.  I did not grow up in a house where curse words were thrown around, so I'm not sure where it comes from.  But when I am really angry, like blood boiling angry, the curse words just fly out.  It feels like a release for me.  When I add f*%@ to a sentence, it gives it the extra acid I'm looking for.  It's not a pretty habit, and I'm pretty sure it drives Mr. Mint crazy.  Yet, I just can't help it sometimes.

I swear in front of my kids sometimes.  I'm not proud of it, but it happens.  Thankfully, they seem to know it's wrong and I've never heard one of them using sh$! or f*%@ or damn.  So go ahead and judge me.  I really do try to bite my tongue in front of my kids.  I'm hoping to pass on the good books habit and maybe the ice cream.  Hopefully they won't start calling me a b^@#% until at least high school.

No comments: