WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Days and Birthdays

I thought that with all the exposing of family secrets and soul searching, we could use a little levity here in the Candy Cane Forest.  So I will now post numerous photos of my impossibly adorable children and update you on what else has been going on in our lives.  

A couple of weeks ago Lolly and Frostine started first grade.  The transition from kindergartners to first graders has been pretty seamless.  They love their teachers and I am loving they are getting used to the longer days.   Here they are on the first day of school.


Oh wait... that's just what I see when I look at them.  Here is what my first graders actually looked like on the first day.


The day after school started, they went and turned six years old.  I still can't get my head around the fact that I gave birth to twin girls six years ago.  They had a party at a local bakery with some of their friends and each girl went home with a mini cake that they decorated themselves.  I'm sure lots of parents were cursing me for sending their kids home full of sugar, but it was a blast and the girls loved it.


As if that wasn't enough excitement, Gloppy started preschool on Monday.  My charming little side kick is no longer a baby, or even a toddler.  He's a little boy.


Gloppy has had no problem at all getting used to big boy school.  It's me that can't quite get used to it.  I got a little choked up walking him into school the first day as my mind wandered to a day when I walked my little girls into their first day of preschool with Gloppy strapped to my chest in a Baby Bjorn.  As I watch him playing with all the kids, he seems so little to me and I have stop myself from running to scoop him up and take him home to play trains.  

But I get over it when I pull into my driveway and walk into my quiet house three mornings a week.   Summer was everything it should be... lazy, sunny, fun-filled and packed with family togetherness.   But it's kind of nice to be back to our school year routines.


10 comments:

PsychMamma said...

What cuties! Gloppy doesn't LOOK any too happy in that pic. :-)

The bakery birthday party sounds like a dream-come-true! What a great idea.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your 3 days of peace and quietness.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

You made me laugh with that first picture. I still look at my three year old and see a baby (when everyone else sees a five year old - he's giant).

Your girls are gorgeous. My husband would be having a heart attack over that. He is currently talking about putting our daughter in a convent instead of high school.

Marinka said...

Love this post! Your kids are beautiful (and you're not too shabby, either!) I think I want to have my next birthday party at a bakery, too.

Insta-mom said...

I am moving north just to have a bakery birthday party.

And I love the comparison pictures...that was totally how I saw MiniMe when I sent him off to preschool.

anymommy said...

Oh so incredibly cute. I loved the comparison pictures as well. That's exactly how you'll always see them! They are beautiful little girls.

EatPlayLove said...

what a great party! I have a 5th birthday looming in my near future and I am kind of dragging my feet. I wish we could do the bakery!

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

What an exciting time for all of you. And oh, that quiet. Cherish it.

Maura said...

Sweet! In so many ways. :-)

P.S. My word verification is "wowtv" -- that's the best one I've gotten yet.

heartatpreschool said...

You and Gloppy look so cute!!!

Lish said...

Imagine how many future chefs you may have created. People will ask them - what made you want to cook/bake? and they'll answer - I went to this awesome bakery birthday party once and...

Oh and my word verification is fucqu. Do I win?