WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pieces of Me

Like most moms I know, I spend my day trying to cut myself up into four pieces: mom to Lolly, mom to Frostine, mom to Gloppy and wife to Mr. Mint.  No actually, make that five, there is also a time for myself piece.  

We spent some time in our backyard this afternoon.  And everywhere I turned someone was yelling, "Mom, watch me", "Look what I can do!", "Mom, I need a push", "Mom, Mom, Mom!"  I am always saying, "there is only one mommy!"  Mr. Mint was there too, but they don't seem to have the same need for his attention.  They always default to me.  Tonight at dinner Lolly asked me, "How did Daddy make this chicken?"  I replied, "Why don't you ask him since he's sitting right next to you."   This seems to happen a lot at my house.  

Most days I feel like someone's piece of pie is too small to fill them up.  Often it's Mr. Mint or the ever-allusive time for myself piece that gets the shaft.  

Sometimes it makes my head spin, but I've gotten used to dividing myself up.  What I'm having a hard time with is making sure all the pieces are equal.   

No comments: