WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

There Was Blood

Oh my gosh.   So much to blog about, so little time.  I just got back from the emergency room where I spent 3 hours with my mom and her broken nose.  I'll spare you the pictures, but trust me, they are not pretty.

The evening started out fine.  The kindergarten musical was tonight and Grandma Nutt came over so she could go with us.  We had a nice dinner, combed hair, Lolly practiced her line.  We decided to walk in order to avoid parking problems and because we live so darn close to school.  There are very few sidewalks in our town and no street lamps.  It was just starting to get dark.   Grandma Nutt brought little bouquets of flowers for the girls (so cute) and she was carrying those.  Lolly and Frostine were walking with Grandma and Mr. Mint and I were about five feet behind them.   The path is a little rocky and there are some tree roots to navigate.   

All of a sudden Grandma Nutt tripped.  It was quite a fall.  I thought she was OK, but when she sat up, there was blood (a lot of blood!) gushing from her nose.  The girls immediately started crying.  Mr. Mint ran home and got the car while I tried to keep everyone calm.   I was trying so hard not to freak out too much in front of the girls, but my gosh there was a lot of blood.  Mr. Mint took Grandma to the hospital while I brought the girls to the musical.   My heart was still racing.

After I deposited Lolly and Frostine in their classrooms, washed the little traces of blood off my hands I called Mr. Mint to check up on Grandma.   All seemed OK, they were just waiting for the doctor.  After the show, Mr. Mint and I switched places, he took the girls home to bed and I stayed with my mom at the hospital.  Turns out she broke her fall with her nose and thus broke her nose in "multiple places."   They sent us home with some Motrin and referral to a plastic surgeon.  She's hoping to get a "cute new nose" out of the situation.

The moral of the story?  I will never again make the walk to school in the dark.  Also, if you do trip, it's OK to sacrifice the flowers in order to break your fall.  

More on the kindergarten musical later.  It was so cute I almost couldn't stand it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that the thing Grandma Nutt was most upset about was getting blood on her favorite jacket...