WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Things I (Almost) Forgot

At the beginning of my Spring Break odyssey I mentioned that it had been a while since I spent all day, everyday alone with all three of my kids for more than two days in a row.   Even over Christmas vacation I had the girls in a camp for one week and Mr. Mint was home for the other week.  Here's a few things that I re-learned during Mama Ginger Tree's adventure camp.
  • Spending all day entertaining three kids is exhausting.
  • It always takes longer than I think it will to get everyone dressed, fed, packed and into the car.
  • I don't like food options at attractions like zoo's, but I am not willing to pack everyone's lunch and carry it around until lunch time.
  • Spending all day entertaining three kids is exhausting.
  • It's impossible to get anything done during the day if all three kids are home.  I seriously don't know how I accomplished anything before preschool/kindergarten.
  • Sunscreen.  Always wear sunscreen if you're going to be outside  all day, even if you think it's not sunny enough.
  • Spending all day entertaining three kids is exhausting.
  • The park is always more fun with another mom, even you can only talk for 5 minutes of the two hours you are there because you're pushing swings, doling out band-aids and snacks or chasing wayward kids.
  • Four o'clock in the afternoon is not too early to open a bottle of wine.
  • Oh, and did I mention, spending all day entertaining three kids is exhausting.
  • My kids are really fun to hang out with.