WELCOME

Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break, Day Four

I am running out of steam over here at Mama Ginger Tree's adventure camp.  We needed a day that did not involve a lot of walking around.   Gloppy spent the day at my in-law's house which allowed me to do some un-toddler friendly things with Lolly and Frostine.  The girls were nice enough to watch two episodes of Franklin so I could get a decent run in on the treadmill after breakfast.  Then we decided to hit the library.  Our local public library has a fabulous children's section and I try to make it there as often as possible.   It's hard for me to take all three of them, but Gloppy by himself or the girls by themselves works out fine.  We had a nice, dare I say relaxing time today and the girls picked out several books.


After lunch I picked up my friend K's twin girls and took the four of them to the see Horton Hears a Who.  My friend J and her twins met us there as well.   After the movie I took K's girls back to my house.  It might sound a little strange, but having another set of twin girls over gave me a little relief.  They have always played really well together.  Lolly and Frostine spend more time together than me and Mr. Mint do and I think it's a nice distraction for them to each have someone else to play with.  They all played together for a while and then paired off.  Two went upstairs to play Candyland (no lie!) and two went outside to climb trees.  See if you can spot them in this picture of my backyard.


There is a massive pile of laundry in my living room begging to be folded, but my bed and nightstand full of books is crying louder.   I have our last big adventure planned for tomorrow.  I plan on bringing some help along though in the form of my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and Mr. Mint.   

No comments: