Mama Ginger Tree doesn't live here anymore.  I have moved to The Norwindians.  The names have changed, but we're the same family.  Please add The Norwindians to your reader!

Friday, May 2, 2008

No Mr. Mint, I Could Not Pick Up Your Dry Cleaning Today; And Here's Why...

6:30am: Frostine and Lolly came into my room and wake me up.  We hung out in bed until 7am.

7:00 - 7:45am:  I made the girls breakfast, took out the trash, made myself some tea, put a load of laundry in the washer, did the breakfast dishes and started the dishwasher.

7:45-8:15am:  Went upstairs to put on my running clothes and brush my teeth.  The girls followed and we got their teeth brushed as well and started the "discussion" about what to wear to school.  After we were all dressed, Lolly asked if I was going for a run on the treadmill.  When I said yes, she started with, "no mama, please, please, pleeeeeeease...  you never play with us, pleeeeeeease no mama."  So I decided to wait until they went to school.

8:15-9:15am:  Sat down at the kitchen table with the girls to finish their homework from last night.   We started talking about what was for hot lunch that day.   "No mama, I don't like hot dogs, please, please, pleeeeeeeease can we have a lunch box lunch?!?!?"  I don't really like hot dogs either, so I packed their lunches.  It took twice as long as usual because they wanted to "help."  

9:15-9:30am:  I made sure everything they needed for school was in their backpacks, they went to the bathroom and we picked out a snack to eat on the walk to school.  I also put the laundry in the dryer and put another load in the washer.

9:30-10:00am:  Walked the girls to school and walked home.

10:00-11:00am:  Went for a run on the treadmill.

11:00-11:30am:  Answered five day old e-mails, read a few blogs and had a glass of water.

11:30am-1:00pm:  Took a shower (I shaved my legs and lingered an extra few minutes in the hot water because no one was home and I could).  Unloaded the dishwasher, made myself a salad for lunch, cleaned up my dishes, put another load of laundry in the washer, dried my hair and got dressed. 

1:00-2:00pm:  I turned this:

Into this:

And there's still two loads left to fold.

2:00-2:30pm:  I put some of the laundry away and put another load in the dryer.  I put together a snack for the girls to eat in the car on the way to piano lessons.

2:45-3:oopm:  Picked up the girls at school, chatted with some moms and got into the car.

3:00-3:15pm:  Drove the girls to piano and dropped them off.  

3:15-4pm:  Ran to the toy store, picked up a birthday present and had it wrapped.

4:oo-5:15pm:  Picked up the girls from piano, came home and they wanted a snack.  Changed the girls clothes, re-braided their hair and had them sign the birthday cards.  Got back into the car and dropped them off at the birthday party.  

6:00pm:  I'm back at home and I'm pretty sure the dry cleaner is closed now.

No comments: